Hedgehog™ Water Contaminant Removal System
Technology SummaryThe in-tank recirculating treatment system reduces the levels of contaminants in water storage tanks. A recirculation pump continually sends water though a treatment in order to reduce the levels of contamination.
DescriptionIn arsenic decontamination testing, small water systems (~100 connections or less) with ambient arsenic (As) levels of 11-25 ppb could achieve low cost compliance with the new US arsenic limit of 10 ppb by using this in-tank filtration system. Estimates indicate results would be similar in other types of contaminants. The smaller scale, greater efficiency, and reduced cost of this filtration system make it a viable option of small tank owners and communities. The annual cost for the Hedgehog™ is approximately 1/3 of the GIM option which supports the notion that the smaller the system, the more appropriate the in-tank treatment system becomes.
- Highly effective in treating arsenic-contaminated systems and can be expanded to filter other contaminants
- Less costly than traditional removal systems
- Commercially available components with unique design
- More efficient for smaller tank sizes
- Lower maintenance costs
Applications and Industries
- Water treatment
- Ideal for use in smaller community water tanks or personal water tanks
Energy & Environment
Download license and instructions
|In-tank recirculating arsenic treatment system||10055.0||7,514,004||04/07/2009